When I was in Bible School, I was very much interested in practical subjects such as missions, ministry, outreach activities. I particularly liked subjects on missions. One of the terms that I was introduced to was "reversed culture shock". I thought it was quite a word and situation and I wondered what it really meant?
As years went by, my missionary friends often told me of their experiences adjusting back home which they coined as "reversed culture shock". If only I experienced it one day, I thought to myself. Well that one day came these past few weeks when I started back work in church, adjusting back to the people (especially youth) and oh boy "so many changes" have taken place. I'm taken off guard by the amount of knowledge the youth have these days,speech, they are real fast and advanced so much. How to work with them again? Must read, spent time with them. Most of all, must pray for wisdom, guidance....
It's really not easy to face "reversed culture shock"...must be patient with myself and people as this phase will pass...
Also adjusting back to church stuff, changes and so on...wow I thought it won't be so bad since I was back from Russia pretty often...
Oh well...something new for me to learn again...
3 comments:
Agree..
we must depend in God (not world culture) to be on the fast and moving track!
btw, i add your link in mine.. :)
nice to have you on my link too...
Welcome back!!
And I mean adjusting back to the Malaysian way of life.
Need to adjust your expectations of people most of all. I think that's the hardest part, because you'd have changed and also people here for the years you've been away. Still, we are glad to have you back. :)
...just wish we could meet up a little more often.
Post a Comment