Monday, September 8, 2008

Finally ......done

The Philipinos have a very nice hobby/pasttime...and that is cross-stich. When I was there 8 years ago, I decided to pick up for fun, after all I was only there for a year...I made one and gave it to my friend...



And then I started a second one entitled "We're in It Together" as you see in picture, I translated in into Russian. It's quite significant to me. I chose that picture coz at that time I just started my relationship with Sasha. The picture caught my eye that we will be together through the ups and downs of life...so I chose it. In the end we got married but guess what I took close to 8 years to finish this cross stich...so loooonnnnnggggg. I bought it in Philippines (the thread, cloth ets), brought it back to Malaysia, then to Russia and then back to Malaysia...a total of 8 years before I finished it. That's terrible, just shows I am not made for this hobby.

So now it is hanging in our bed room, a reminder for us that we are in it "together"...

Don't laugh ah....

3 comments:

neomesuff said...

preeeetyyyyy

Ann said...

I think that is really sweet. Nothing like a self made reminder of your love together with hubby.

I love cross stitching too. Something about how something individual when combined together actually brings depth and meaning and colour.

Almost as awesome as the use of words. Only words, I can start from scratch. Cross stitching, I don't know how.

Moomykin said...

Well, Congrats! You finished it.

I would not have attempted such a challenge. Sewing, stitching, embroidery are talents/skills I admire in people, not one I can or desire to acquire. hahaha...

Well done, my friend, some more translate to Russian!