Sunday, April 13, 2008

Missed My Dad

Just last week, one of my friends lost her dad and the cause of death is very much closed to my dad's death. Went for the funeral service, didn't say much to her except our condolences. I never knew how to respond at funerals. I'm sad for the other person but I do not know how to conform people so I keep my words to the minimum...

Anyway, that incident really made me missed my dad very much. My dad passed away 3 1/2 years ago in China while I was in Russia. Was sad I was not able to be home for the funeral. I could only visit his tomb when I'm back in Malaysia. Me and my dad were not close at all, in fact we never had much talks but I knew in his own quiet ways, he loved me very much. I remembered the more personal talks were at the hospital just when I was deciding to get married. He told me to think probably about marriage before deciding and whatever I decide, he will support me. That really touched me. Then after I got married, I remembered I came home one day crying after an argument with my husband. He just showed his love on his facial expression and said the home is always open for me whenever I need refuge. Then just before we left for Russia, he purposely came to us and asks us to take care of ourselves, specifically to Sasha to take care of me. All these memories are with me now...I guess as I can older, family seem to be more important than anything else...

I wished my dad is still here today, he died at a relatively young age of 68...oh well I had a wonderful dad despite the fact we didn't have much dad and daughter talk...I missed him very much...

4 comments:

Ann said...

Ya...reckon that as we get older we do indeed start to cherish our family more and more....

it is great that you have so mnay fond memories of your dad!

Moomykin said...

I'm sorry that I missed your father's funeral too. I just didn't know how to contact your family at that time as your mum was also in China and I did not know when they'd get back.

I remembered you father was all so happy and proud on your wedding day.

He was showing off your wedding photos around when we at your place before the church wedding.

Fathers always have a soft spot for their daughters.

My Humble Little Kitchen said...

ann..indeed I agree with you that we cherish our families more each day...

My Humble Little Kitchen said...

mommykin...
really...i didn't know he showed off my wedding photos...boy he really hid a lot of his feelings from me...