Sunday, February 1, 2009

Quite a Time

It's been quite 2 weeks since Sasha's aunty came for visit. We took her (more of Sasha actually) to different places...enjoyable to a certain extend but I realized that some places that are advertised nicely on website is not that nice afterall...

Places we went to:
1. Pulau Ketam
Boring actually...it is called Crab Island but really the only crabs I see there are only "mini" crabs. The island is mostly rearing fishes right now. We went to a fish farm and it's quite nice actually to see fishes (big ones) being rear and sold. We bought one Red Snapper fish, 1.7kgs for RM30 (1 kg for RM18). That's quite nice and very fresh. So really this is the only nice place at Crab Island



2. Penang
Sasha went alone with aunty to Penang. They really enjoyed themselves moving around in Penang town, food, beach, sightseeing, Penang Hill. Penang is really a nice place to go to.



3. Shopping Centres
Shopping is one major attraction in Malaysia...there are cheaper things to expensive ones. Generally our prices are much lower than other countries...definitely cheaper than Russia.


4. Gabai Waterfalls
This was one place that I wanted to go to but there was so many people when we went hence it was pack and dirty! Was quite difficult to get a place to sit down and enjoy the cool waterfall...the water is real nice. So we stayed about 2 hours and then left...will go back again when there are less people. Because of the steps that we needed to climb, my leg muscles was cramped for 4 days. So I limped for a few days because of this trip...haiyah my fault also...did not do enough walking and exercise before...


5. Malacca
This is really a very nice place to go too...however because of CNY holidays, it was packed again. I really enjoyed looking at the scenery, church, fort, A Famosa, eating chendol, chicken rice at Famosa Chicken rice...it's a nice place to go too. We went for a river cruise at Malacca River, which was so nostalgic. I love history so Malacca is really a very historical place for me. Will go back again...


6. Other places include KLCC, KL Tower, Zoo Negara, Bird Park...

Overall, I have not walked so much for a long time. Now my leg can rest a bit...

1 comment:

Moomykin said...

Looks like you all really had a good time moving around with Sasha's aunt.
:)

We were in Gabai on FT day.
Will post that up soon.