
Do you like pumpkin? perhaps first thought "no" or "never try before". My first reaction towards pumpkin is not good at all. Because it reminds me of "Halloween", they carve pumpkin into this ugly face and it's horrible to me. So I don't like pumpkin until one day when someone ask me to taste Pumpkin porridge. And it's delicious. So since that day, I tried to make pumpkin receipes and plant pumpkins! Yeap we planted them in our Russian garden and made porridge, soup, pies, baked them, boiled them, steam them and even fried them!
It was really an adventure, and it's quite a food in Russia. Last week i tried a new recipe which I forgot to take a picture of the outcome. I made meat and pumpkin patties and it's nice. I steam the pumpkin, mixed it with minced meat, egg, salt and pepper and then form patties and fry...Very nice to bite, the filling is soft becoz of the pumpkin...
Anyway, I also found that pumpkin is quite a healty food...here's some facts...
"Pumpkins are rich in Vitamin A and potassium. They are also high in fiber. The conclusion you should now be reaching is that they are therefore good for you. Your conclusion is absolutely correct.....until you start adding other ingredients that make up many pumpkin recipes. See Pumpkin Nutrition.
From a medicinal standpoint, pumpkins have been used for a variety of ailments:
They were once recommended as a cure for freckles.
They were used as a remedy for snake bites.
The seeds help avoid prostate cancer in men"
Try it if you haven't...
5 comments:
My mom makes steamed pumpkin cake like the yam cake (wu-tao ko) with dried shrimps flakes sprinkled on top. Take it with chilli sauce and it's delicious!
oh sounds good...must try
Hi. I Tagged you!
(in case you don't know what to do, sms or e-mail me. :))
here we cook pumpkin with coconut milk ;-) ..errr...healthy plus not so hehehee
neomesuff,
Aiyoh...that's new to me...i baked it once with loads of sugar...that's really bad
Post a Comment